Thank you to all of our volunteers, the cake makers, donors of gifts and everyone who made the effort to help our summer open day such a success.
Although we officially opened at 11am, the crowds started from 10:30. We had a constant stream of visitors throughout the day, with over 1,000 attending in total.
On the day, we raised over £4,000 for ourselves to keep the charity running and advance our wildlife hospital, also other animal charities had fundraising stalls.
On the day we had;
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks and home made cake stall
- Veggies burger van
- Marlpool Brewery licensed bar selling real ale, including Blind Boris, the beer named after our famous blind bull.
- Fund raising fun stalls such as tombolas, raffles with great prizes
- Cinema slide show of the animals we have rescued.
- Cats Protection
- Collie Dog Rescue
- Sound Bites
- The Farmhouse Indian restaurant in Brinsley
- Animal Accident Rescue Unit
- Safe haven – Parrot Rescue
- Cat Rescue