Meet Billy, the latest goat to come to the sanctuary.
Billy is a 12 year old castrated male, he came from a dog rescue centre where he has been living for the past few years on his own. Billy is now with other goats, he is very friendly and looking for a permanent life-long home.
Goats make very good pets, but there are a few critical things you need to consider;
1. Goats are herd animals and should be kept in groups of at least 2.
2. You need very strong and high fencing, at least 1.5m.
3. Goats hate rain and mud, they need good shelter, away from the elements.
4. Goats need to be wormed and vaccinated annually and their hooves trimmed every few weeks.
5. They will eat plants, trees and shrubs, beware of poisonous ones, goats can easily be poisoned.
6. Goats should never be tethered or kept on their own.
Please contact us for advice if you are considering re-homing goats.